The Influence of the TikTok Poison Phenomenon as a Glow Up Trend on Interest in Buying Beauty Products

Authors

  • Isti Nurul Hidayah Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia
  • Dwi Agus Sulis Setiowati Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia
  • Dwina Elvrida Estefani Sianipar Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia
  • Najwa Anisa Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.59110/aplikatif.v2i1.119

Keywords:

Buying Interest, TikTok Poison, Trend Glow Up

Abstract

The lifestyle offered by information changes new patterns in the behavior of human life to suit the times. This occurs in buying interest in a product which is influenced by many factors such as the glow up trend. One of them is the TikTok poison phenomenon, this has resulted in an increase in one's buying interest in beauty products as seen in the TikTok poison phenomenon. The purpose of this study was to find out whether the TikTok toxic phenomenon as a glow up trend has an influence on buying interest in beauty products. The population in this study were female students of the Faculty of Communication and Multimedia, Mercu Buana University, Yogyakarta, class of 2021. The sample was female students who used the TikTok app and had bought beauty products. The instrument used in this research is the ticktock poison phenomenon questionnaire as a glow up trend and buying interest. The data obtained were then analyzed using the Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS). The results of this study state that the phenomenon of TikTok poisoning has a relationship with the buying interest of female students, where a Pearson Correlation value of 0.410 is obtained, which means that there is a strong relationship between the variable of the TikTok toxic phenomenon and the buying interest of female students. In addition, it was also shown that the TikTok poison phenomenon affected female students' buying interest by 16.8%. So that the other 83.2% is influenced by other variables not examined.

References

Budhyati, A. (2012). Pengaruh Internet Terhadap Kenakalan Remaja. Prosding Seminar Nasional Aplikasi Sains & Teknologi (Snast) , 426-434.

Gratia, G. P., Merah, E. L. K., Triyanti, M. D., Paringa, T., & Primasari, C. H. (2022). Fenomena Racun Tik-Tok Terhadap Budaya Konsumerisme Mahasiswa di Masa Pandemi COVID-19. KONSTELASI: Konvergensi Teknologi dan Sistem Informasi, 2(1).

Lestari, R. A., & Latabulo, D. D. J. (2022). Perilaku Konsumen Remaja Putri Dalam Pengambilan Keputusan Pembelian Secara Online Melalui TikTok di Masa Pandemi. KALBISOCIO Jurnal Bisnis dan Komunikasi, 9(1), 54-61.

Manurung, R. S. M., Dharta, F. Y., & Lubis, F. M. (2022). Pengaruh Tayangan Konten Racun TikTok Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Di Komunitas Prefix. Media Bina Ilmiah, 16(10), 7559-7568.

Mumtaz, Z. A., Dharta, F. Y., & Oxcygentri, O. (2022). Fenomena Belanja Online Dikalangan Mahasiswa Bekasi Penonton Tayangan# RacunTikTok. Nusantara: Jurnal Ilmu Pengetahuan Sosial, 9(8), 2862-2868.

Mumtaz, Z. S., & Saino, S. (2021). Pengaruh Penggunaan Aplikasi Tik Tok Sebagai Media Promosi Dan Trend Glow Up Terhadap Minat Beli Produk Kecantikan. Jurnal Manajemen, 13(2), 282-291.

Nuryani, S., Pattiwael, W. P., & Iqbal, M. (2022). Analisis Faktor-faktor yang Mempengaruhi Pembelian Impulsif pada Pengguna Aplikasi TikTokshop. Ekonomis: Journal of Economics and Business, 6(2), 444-451.

Praditasetyo, D., & Saputri, M. E. (2021). Pengaruh Social Media Marketing Melalui Aplikasi TikTok Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Online Pada Shopee Indonesia. eProceedings of Management, 8(5).

Putri, K. A. (2019). Gaya Hidup Generasi Z Sebagai Penggemar Fanatik Korean Wave (Doctoral dissertation, Fakultas Ilmu Budaya).

Setiawan, H., Oktaviana, H., Andawas, F. D. D., Zulkarnaen, M. N., & Saripah, W. (2022). Pengaruh Media Sosial TikTok Terhadap Pola Belajar Mahasiswa. Jurnal Digital Bisnis, Modal Manusia, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Finance, & Strategi Bisnis (DImmensi), 2(1), 28-34.

Swastika, G. L. D., Tjondro, J., & Josephine, C. (2021). Tren Shopee Haul dalam Platform TikTok: Sebuah Tinjauan Budaya Pop dan Tontonan. ASPIKOM JATIM: Jurnal Penelitian Komunikasi, 2(2).

Downloads

Published

30-06-2023

How to Cite

Hidayah, I. N., Setiowati, D. A. S., Sianipar, D. E. E., & Anisa, N. (2023). The Influence of the TikTok Poison Phenomenon as a Glow Up Trend on Interest in Buying Beauty Products. APLIKATIF: Journal of Research Trends in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(1), 1–7. https://doi.org/10.59110/aplikatif.v2i1.119
| Abstract views: 615 / PDF downloads: 377