The Effect of Traffic Jam on High Levels of Student Stress

Authors

  • Alfara Dhita Amelia Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia
  • Muhammad Irfan Arib Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia
  • Yohanes Soreth Renaldi Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia
  • Tania Sunilah Hartono Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia
  • Sarah Vega Ramos University of SouthernMindanao, Kabacan, Philipines

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.59110/aplikatif.v2i1.123

Keywords:

Traffic jam, Transportation, Stress, Student

Abstract

Traffic Jam is a problem that is quite complicated in the community. The volume of transportation passing by on the highway is a trigger for traffic jam. This unresolved traffic jam is causing stress to road users. So that, this study aims to see how far the impact of traffic jams has on student life and the level of student stress in dealing with traffic jams. This study uses a quantitative research method with an explanatory approach. The population in this study were 293 students of the Communication Studies Program, Mercu Buana University Yogyakarta batch 2021, while the sample was taken using probability sampling technique, namely Simple Random Sampling so that a sample of 101 students was obtained. The data collection technique used was a questionnaire on the influence of media use and a questionnaire on fulfilling information needs. The data obtained was analyzed using SPSS Version 20 software. The results showed that there was a strong relationship between student stress levels and traffic jams in the city of Yogyakarta. Furthermore, there is an influence of 53.2% between the effect of traffic jams on the high level of student stress. So that the other 46.8% is influenced by other variables not examined. Furthermore, the results of the independent sample t-test showed no difference in the effect of traffic jams between male and female students.

Author Biography

Tania Sunilah Hartono, Universitas Mercu Buana Yogyakarta, Sleman, Indonesia

 

 

References

Fadriani, H. (2018). The effect of turning around the direction of the vehicle on the degree of saturation of the arterial roads. Online Journal of Mandala College of Technology, 13 (2), 51-59.

Winarni, EW (2021). Theory and practice of quantitative, qualitative research, PTK, R & D. Script Earth.

Setiadi, E. Analysis of business actors' satisfaction with the use of sharia giro bills (a case study of business actors in the Kasemen Serang Banten Wood Trading Company) (bachelor’s thesis, Jakarta: Faculty of Sharia and Law UIN Syarif Hidayatullah).

Arifin, A. (2020). The Relationship between Student Discipline and Classroom Climate in Learning Aqidah Akhlak at MTs Tarbiyatul Islamiyah Tanjunganom Gabus Pati Academic Year 2019/2020 (Doctoral dissertation, IAIN Kudus).

Setijaji, A. (2006). Study of Traffic Congestion on Kaligawe Road, Semarang City (Doctoral dissertation, Diponegoro University Postgraduate program).

Tondok, MS (2009). Traffic jam stress: how to overcome it? (2-out). Surabaya Post daily.

Novalia, C., Sulistyorini, R., & Putra, S. (2016). Analysis and solution of traffic congestion on city roads (a case study on Imam Bonjol-Sisingamangaraja Road). Journal of Civil Engineering and Design, 4 (1), 153-162.

De Rozari, A., & Wibowo, YH (2015). Factors Causing Traffic Congestion on the Main Street of Surabaya City (Case Study on Jalan Ahmad Yani and Raya Darmo Surabaya). JPAP: Journal of Public Administration Research, 1 (01).

Gaol, NTL (2016). Stress theory: stimulus, response, and transactional. ISSN Psychology Bulletin, 854, 7108.

Nurmalasari, A. (2015). The Effect of Work Stress on Employee Performance in Malinau District, Malinau City. Journal of Integrative Governance, 1 (3), 102-114.

Fatimah, S., Syakdiah, S., & Kusumawiranti, R. (2022). Government Policy in Overcoming Congestion in the City of Yogyakarta (Research Study on Malioboro Street on Student Army Street). POPULIKA, 10 (1), 24-41.

Downloads

Published

30-06-2023

How to Cite

Amelia, A. D., Arib, M. I., Renaldi, Y. S., Hartono, T. S., & Ramos, S. V. (2023). The Effect of Traffic Jam on High Levels of Student Stress. APLIKATIF: Journal of Research Trends in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(1), 46–50. https://doi.org/10.59110/aplikatif.v2i1.123
| Abstract views: 1303 / PDF downloads: 497